what have we been doing in.. February
- We launched the Call for Submissions! 21St of March is the day to remember because that is the last day to present your work. Why 'submissions' and not 'papers'? Because there are a lot of ways to come share your experience with the community: a presentation, a scientific paper, a poster, a map or a workshop. Because FOSS4G is an OSGeo community event, it is us all that will select the program of our core conference, through a voting mechanism. And if you are considering submitting a scientific paper, please expect the highest academic rigour from our reviewers. Furthermore, true to our word, we have started reaching out to our selected key streams communities by tailoring our call for submissions and, even though still a little secret, by searching for relevant, powerful, dedicated keynote speakers. So, stay tuned, maybe it is your very professional hero coming to FOSS4G2016 !
- Our list of dear supporters and sponsors has extended. The OSGeo annual global event is all about bringing together geo-communities scattered around the world, providing the opportunity to take the pulse of the geospatial world, make new friends and re-confirm the old ones. None of this would be possible, without the trust and support of our sponsors. We are grateful to them: our institutional sponsors: the European Space Agency and FOSSGIS, to our silver sponsors: geOps, Boundless,Google, GeoCat; to our bronze sponsors: terrestris, wheregroup, Oslandia, camptocamp, 52north, GIS Cloud, CartoDB, GEO Solutions, ESRI; to our supporters: GeoPlace, EOX, Geobeyond , Gaia 3D , Intevation GmbH and to our institutional partners: United Nations Office for Outer Space , Bonn International Center for Conversion, The European Association of Remote Sensing Companies, geobusiness region bonn.
And since we're addressing sponsorships … Yes! We had had a little surprise for you! Because we believe in special occasions, we have created one for you. A one-time first-Gold-sponsor-discount of 10%! You can show your support to your geospatial community by sponsoring its biggest event and if you hurry to be our first Gold sponsor then you will receive a 10% discount to your deal! Deal?
- We are proud of our community and we stand by our beliefs, yet without companies and freelancers doing business with and around Open Source Software for Geospatial, we wouldn't be where we are today. Thus, we cherish, we encourage and we backup our developers and their business. With this in mind, we have prepared a little surprise, a B2B meeting! Curious what that might be? Here's a clue: 'Pecha Kucha'!
- Free tickets! Actually, for the moment, just one :) OSGeo is celebrating 10 years of supporting the collaborative development of open source geospatial software and promoting its widespread use. So, as a gift to ourselves, as one of OSGeo directors introduced it, artistic minds in our community were invited to imagine the official seal for our foundation. The creator of the selected seal is the lucky winner of a FOSS4G free ticket. Curious of our new official seal? So, this is our FOSS4G 2016 February.
Stay in touch with us, follow our developments and ask your questions
- Till Adams, Chair of FOSS4G 2016 "Building Bridges...."
- Twitter: @foss4g
- Facebook: FOSS4G2016
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org